Crockpot Veggie Soup

This is a soup similar to the "Fat Burning Soup", that people used to eat on the Cabbage Soup Diet.  My mom even mentioned it, when I offered her some.  I differed from the original recipe, a bit.  I forgot to buy some items, but I LOVED this soup.  I would make this each week, and munch on it as my lunch.  Easy.  It calls for half a head of cabbage.  I sliced the whole thing, and froze the second half, to use later!

Ingredients
  • 2 medium carrots, ends removed, chopped
  • 1 onion, peeled, chopped
  • 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1/2 large head cabbage, chopped
  • 1 Tbls vegetable base Better Than Boullion
  • 1 15 ounce can cut green beans, undrained
  • 1 green bell peppers, cored, seeded, diced
  • 3 cups vegetable stock
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
Put it all in the crock pot.  Stir.  Cover.  Cook high for 5 hours or low for 8.

Comments