Energy Bites



I found this recipe on Pinterest. I was looking for a healthy snack, that was easy and filling. (I also passed these on to my dad, who needs more protein. I hope he likes them :) )


No-Bake Energy Bites


1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp vanilla


Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Comments

  1. I have been wanting to make these and have passed by them on Pinterest a lot! Protein is definitely something I lack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're delicious, and I made a second batch, yesterday! They are sweet, but I use natural peanut butter. You could probably use unsweetened peanut butter, and still have it taste sweet. My coconut was sweetened, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased they turned out well..great idea for something healthy that my son likes in his lunch....I think they are delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment