Soup or Sauce mix

I found this on Pinterest.  I thought it was a great alternative, to buying the cans of gloppy soup, when I happen to need some, for a rare recipe.  I used this in Egg Slop, tonight.  No one was the wiser!  Below, is my version:
Soup or Sauce (not sure what I'd put this on...maybe an "instant" Alfredo?)Mix

Ingredients
2 cups powdered non fat dry milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1 package onion soup mix

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a re-closeable plastic bag, or container, mixing well.
Equal to 9 (10.5 oz) cans of cream soup.

To eat: 
For one can of "cream of" soup
Mix 1/3 c of powder with 1 1/4c of cold water.  Whisk until blended.  Cook on stove top or in microwave until thickened.  Use as you would the can of soup. 


The original author had the brilliant idea, to put the ingredients on the container you keep it in, so you do not have to hunt down the recipe, in the future.  Also, she put the recipe, on how to re-constitute the soup, right on the container. 
 
 


Comments