Egg Slop!




What do you do with all those hard boiled Easter eggs??? Make Egg Slop!
This is a recipe from my husband's side of the family. I think his dad made it up.
Egg "Slop"
5 hard boiled eggs (figure one per person, this recipe will feed 4 people)
1/3 stick of Velveeta (I buy the big kind with 2% milk and this works out well)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I get the reduced fat)
1t garlic powder (I use less if it's for breakfast.)
1t paprika
milk (fill the empty can of cream of mushroom soup halfway or less)
bread

Peel hard boiled eggs, and cut into quarters (I'll discard the yolk of a few eggs, and replace them with whites, to have less cholesterol, but really, with this recipe, it's just a little to try to make it healthier!).
Melt Velveeta and soup. Add eggs. Add milk for consistency (like a queso dip). Add garlic powder and paprika. Mix and heat on low.
Serve over toast. (Use a ladel or large spoon!)
We like this with fruit, and turkey bacon or turkey sausage. Yummy!

Comments