Southwestern Veggie Soup

I thought I've posted this, before but I guess I haven't . Next time I make it I'll take a photo. I got this recipe, from a former student's family. they made a cookbook, and she brought me one. She is so sweet!

Southwestern Vegetable Soup
Ingredients
1 pkg corn tortillas, cut into strips
1 pounds cooked ground beef, shredded chicken, or whatever (optional)
1 can tomato soup
1 can black beans, undrained
1 can vegetable broth
1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can green beans
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained (or less, to taste)
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1c shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese

Directions
Spread tortilla strips on a cookie sheet, and bake at 350F for 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients , except tortillas and cheese.; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve with tortillas, soup then cheese in the bowl.

Comments