Meatball Subs

One of the easiest, tastiest dinners, we have! This would be easy to make with your own meatball recips, keep them cooked (or uncooked?) in the freezer and take them out for this recipe.
Meatball Subs
enough sub rolls for each person (I use whole wheat hot dog buns. There's less "bun" this way.)
4 meatballs for each person (I use a meatless meatball, for myself.)
red sauce (Home made, or your favorite jarred. I really like the Sprouts brand chunky marinara, or the Newman's Own marinara. See here: My Red Sauce for the sauce I make.)
mozarella cheese (shredded)

Cook meatballs, and toast buns. When the meatballs are cooked, I put 4 in each bun, and then top with the sauce. Then I sprinkle withthe cheese and put under the broiler, for a minute or until they get golden. WATCH THEM or they will burn...Not that this has ever happened to me, or anything...
I usually serve these with a salad and sauteed broccoli.

Comments