Thursday Routine (and Lasanga)


Same stuff as the past few days, but I also polish the furniture. I'm tired of writing my schedule, and it's not very interesting.
I'm making lasagna, tonight. I always make 2, at a time, and freeze one. It's just as easy. This recipe makes 2.
My Lasagna

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chunked
3medium yellow squash, chunked
3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise chunked
(Can use any other veggies you have. Layering spinach is delicious, too!)
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (26 ounce) jar favorite red sauce (I LOVE Sprouts brand marinara) or 28 oz can of tomatoes
24 uncooked lasagna noodles (I used to like the Barilla in the yellow box. It had Omega 3 in it, but I can't find it anymore :( )
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. put all veggies into a gallon sized zip lock bag (or any other you want to), and pour olive oil over it. Coat evenly, and dump out, evenly onto baking sheet. (if you use parchment paper, then clean up is easier (Thanks, Amy!) Bake 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Dump cans of sauce, or tomatoes into food processor.
When veggies are done, dump them in, too, and puree them (Now, NO ONE can pick them out!!! HAHA!).
Lower bake temperature to 325 degrees F.
Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer 3 uncooked noodles, then 1 cup sauce, 1/3 of the ricotta , handfull of the mozarella; repeat. Top with remaining uncooked noodles, 2 cups sauce, any leftover mozzarella and the parm.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour (or until bubbly). Bake uncovered 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The boys LOVE this. I serve with broccoli sauteed with garlic and olive oil, usually. Sometimes, just a salad. If they need meat, I serve it with chicken sausage, that I get from Sprouts. They make them in house, and they have a parm basil chicken one, that they like :)
Enjoy!

Comments