Strawberry salad


I got this recipe, from a friend YEARS ago. (I cut the sugar) I serve it with grilled chicken or sliced chicken nuggets (don't judge me), for the boys. (The photo is from my phone. Sorry about the quality.)
Strawberry salad
Dressing:
1c oil
1/4 c sugar
1/2 c red wine vinegar
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 t salt
1/4 t white pepper (I use black. I don't have white)

Salad:
1 head of ramaine torn into bite size pieces (I also used spring mix)
1 pt sliced strawberries
I added a cucumber, too.
OOh! My Produce Fairy gave me sugar snap peas. I'm using those, too.
Mandarin oranges would be good, too.
honey roasted pecans (walnuts were cheaper, I got those)

Cook and slice chicken.
Toss everything into a bowl.
Pass the dressing, and parmesean cheese (if you like cheese on your salad).

Comments