Roasted Balsamic Beets

I got this recipe from Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen. My "Produce Fairy" dropped off 6 fresh beets, and I didn't know what to do with them! Hubby and I loved them! The boys said they were too "sour". This is from kids who eat pickles, and pickled okra.

Roasted Balsamic Beets
6 medium beets
2 T balsamic vinegar or to taste
salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400°.
Trim off all but one inch of the stem on beets, and leave root intact. Place in a small baking dish, and fill 1/4 the way with water. Wrap the beets in foil. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool beets to room temperature, then peel and cut each beet into 8 wedges.
Pour on the vinegar, add salt and pepper and toss.
We ate these cold, since I forgot to serve them warm (don't ask) and they were still delicious!

Comments