Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches

My family loves these sandwiches!  I have served them on bolillo rolls and Kaiser rolls, when I couldn't find French rolls.  I even served this, when my boys had a buddy over, and he inhaled his sandwich!  Score one for Mom!

Ingredients

  • 4 pounds beef roast (rump roast for slicing or chuck roast for shredding)
  • 10.5 oz can beef consomme (found by condensed soups)
  • 10.5 oz can condensed French onion soup
  • 12 oz Guiness beer (I used Shiner Bock.  It's what we had.)
  • 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • salt to taste

Sandwich

  • 6 French rolls
  • 6 slices Provolone cheese

Instructions

  • Add beef and all liquid/seasoning ingredients to the crock pot and set on high.
  • If you prefer to slice the beef, cook 3-4 hours, then remove beef from crock pot while still slightly firm and slice very thinly.
  • If you prefer shredded beef (easier), cook for 5 hours and shred with forks when tender, removing chunks of fat.
  • Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
  • Remove meat from crock pot, reserving juices, and pile meat on buns, topped with cheese.
  • Bake buns in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and buns warm.
  • Serve immediately with reserved juices (au jus) for dipping. I put them in ramekins, for each person to have a cute little bowl of dip.  


Comments