Buttermilk Southwestern Grilled Chicken

The original recipe, is Paleo.  We don't follow that diet, so I used regular buttermilk.I had my husband throw the chicken, onto the grill, and I grilled the tofu inside.  


Ingredients

  • 2 lbs. chicken parts (thighs, drumsticks, legs, etc) (I made a brick of tofu, for myself.   My kid ate half of it.)
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 tbsp. chili powder
  • 2 tsp. ground coriander
  • 2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. turmeric
  • Zest and juice of 1 lime
  • Fresh cilantro; (optional)
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; to taste
  • 2c buttermilk

  1. In a bowl, combine the coconut milk and lemon juice. Mix well and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the chili powder, coriander, cumin, turmeric, garlic, lime zest, and lime juice to the coconut buttermilk mixture. Season to taste and mix well.
  3. Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours.
  4. Preheat a grill to a medium-heat.
  5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill until cooked through and golden on both sides (about 15 to 20 minutes total).

Comments