Peanut Butter Oat Protein Bars



These looked easy, and delish!  I doubled their recipe, to freeze, for my boys' lunches.  Below, is the doubled recipe, to fit in a 9x13 pan.
Cinnamon Protein Bars
4 1/2 cups oats (roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes)
2 c. all natural peanut butter
1 c. unsweetened apple sauce
4 tbsp. dark choc chips (I used minis.  I had them.)
2 c. whey protein (I used Cinnamon Graham Cracker.  Use any flavor you'd   like!  Chocolate would be great, too!)
1/4 c. shredded coconut (I had some, and thought it would add a nice bit to the bars.  You do NOT need to add them.)
2 tbsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. chia seeds or flax seeds.

Roast oats, once cooled mix all ingredients, spray 9x13 pan with canola oil, spread mixture into pan. Bake at 350F for approx 20-25 min. 
Let bars cool and wrap individually in plastic wrap then store in fridge or freezer.  Recipe makes 16, but you could cut them smaller, if you need/want more!

Comments