Cucumber Mint Noodles with Ginger Dressing

 This recipe could easily be made with sliced, julienned, or strips of cucumber.  I, however, used my Spiralizer.  I brought this to a pool party, and it was a hit!  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo.   I will next time!  The original has a beautiful one, though!
I felt as if this had too much oil.  Perhaps, you could make it with less, then check it for your preference.  My son said it had too much lemon, too.  One could easily replace the lemon with lime juice or rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar.  Just adjust the flavor to your taste. 
Cucumber Mint Noodles with Ginger Dressing

Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • For the dressing:
  • 2 TBSP good olive oil
  • 1 TBSP walnut oil (or more olive oil)
  • 4-5 TBSP lemon juice
  • 1 tsp tamari (I used soy sauce.)
  • 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
  • freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
  • chili flakes, to taste (I omitted, as I was afraid children would find it too spicy.  Sriracha would be good, too!)
  • For the noodles:
  • 1/2 large cucumber
  • handful of tightly packed fresh mint
  • 1 green onion (only the green part), finely sliced
  • 2 TBSP sesame seeds
Instructions
  1. To make the dressing, combine the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
  2. Prepare the mint (tear it into smaller pieces) and green onion.
  3. Make the noodles: you can either use a noodle maker or a veggie peeler.
  4. Add the noodles, mint and green onions to a bowl and pour the dressing on top.
  5. Gently toss the noodles to cover them in the dressing.
  6. Top with sesame seeds and serve fresh.

Comments