Crockpot Minestrone

I found this recipe, here.  We really liked this soup, and it as a meal in itself!  I did serve it with french bread, and tonight I will try this focaccia recipe, with the leftovers.
Below, is my version:
Ingredients:
  • 1 Can of Peas
  • 3 Small Yellow Summer Squash
  • 1 Can of Green Beans
  • 2 Medium Zucchini
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper (I used green, as the reds were too expensive!)
  • 2 Large Carrots
  • 1 Large White Onion (sauteed, then put into crockpot)
  • 1 Tbsp Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
  • Shake of Dried Oregano
  • 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tsp Parsley
  • 2 Cans Reduced Sodium Kidney Beans
  • 1 Can White Kidney Beans
  • 2 Cans Diced Italian Tomatoes (Basil, Garlic, Oregano)
  • 2 Boxes Vegetable Broth
  • 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar 

  • Add all ingredients to crockpot (It will be full!), and heat on high for 6 hours.
  • Enjoy with bread or a salad.

Comments