Southwestern Chopped Salad

I found this recipe, and thought it sounded delicious!  My photo is not as wonderful as hers, but it tasted great!  Here's the recipe, with my changes:
Ingredients
 Large head of romaine
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large orange bell pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
5 green onions
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing or other dressing of choice
I added an avocado, to my salad.  This salad was my whole dinner, so I needed it filling.

Directions
Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Toss with desired dressing.

Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Recipe yields 3/4 cup dressing

Ingredients
1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used regular low fat yogurt.)
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)(I used bottled, it's what I had.)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions
Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.

Comments