Mulligatawny Stew



My friend, who gave me the Chimichanga recipe, gave me this one, too!  
I altered it a bit.  My changes are in the parentheses.

Mulligatawny Stew



4 potatoes, diced  
 2 onions, diced   
 4 carrots, diced   
 1 c Smart Balance Light  
6 T almond flour   (I used regular flour.)
 2 T curry powder    
8 c low sodium veg broth   
 2 apples, diced  
8 c water   (I omitted.  It was watery enough, without it.)
¼ tsp cinnamon   
 1 tsp salt  
 ½ tsp black pepper    
2 c almond milk (I used light coconut milk.)
unsweetened shredded coconut   
 golden raisins   
 chopped nuts   
 steamed rice



Saute onions, carrots, and potatoes in SBL in a large soup pot.  Add flour, curry, cinnamon, and pepper and cook 5 more minutes.  Add veg broth, water, and milk, mix well and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to simmer and cook 1 hour.   Add apple and salt and cook 20 more minutes.  Pour over steamed rice and sprinkle with coconut, raisins and nuts.  Delicious!!


Kcal: 77
Fat:  3 g
Carbs:  10 g
Protein:  1 g
Cholesterol:  0
Sodium:  223 mg
Fiber:  2 g

Comments