Chocolate Toffee Graham Crackers

My SIL told me that my MIL used to make these.  I tried them, while my MIL was here, for Christmas.  Super easy, and delicious!
Ingredients:
  • box of graham crackers
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup chopped pecans(We omitted, but my MIL said these make it better.)
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • 12 oz. bag dark chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with a parchment paper or a WELL greased pan.. Arrange the graham crackers in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
Put the butter, brown sugar, pecans (if using), and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour the butter mixture evenly over the graham crackers and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
 Pour the chocolate chips over the toffee-covered graham crackers.  Wait a minute.  Let them get all melty, then spread evenly. Chill completely in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Cut into bars.  I think I would sprinkle some Kosher or sea salt over the chocolate chips, and make it salted.  I like salt. 

Comments