Creamy Avocado Dip

I made this dip, last night, for a get together.  I loved it, and love that it uses Greek yogurt, instead of mayo or sour cream!  Extra protein!  My mother ate the leftovers, for lunch, today.  I served mine with cucumbers and pita chips. 

Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip


Yield: Serves 4
This healthy Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip is simple to make and is great for parties or snack time. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up vegetables.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper (I omitted this, as my mother wouldn't have even tried it!)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving

Directions:

1. Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.

Comments