Chicken Caesar Wraps

While discussing, with Ace, what he'd like to bring, in his lunchbox this year, he told me he wanted Caesar salad.  Now, he's a growing boy, and needs more than that, and a bigger protein, but didn't like the idea of chicken Caesar salad.  So, I decided to try a Caesar wrap.  I tested this out, at dinner (so as to avoid the throwing away of a wrap that he didn't like, at school...), and both boys loved them!  (I didn't take a photo, and I already wrapped them, for school, so I'll take one, when I make them again...)
I adapted my chicken recipe from here.
Caesar Wrap
4 chicken breasts
water
seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder)
Caesar dressing
parmesan cheese
soft taco sized tortillas (Ace wanted corn, but I was concerned it would break, but I found an artisan 
 corn and whole wheat one, I think will work.)
lettuce (romaine or spring mix)
broccoli slaw (I got mine pre made in the produce section)-  for more vitamins, I'm so sneaky!

1. Place chicken in your slow cooker and season with listed seasonings. Use enough water to come just shy of covering the chicken. They should be sticking out slightly. Cook on low for 6 hours. (I put mine on high, for 3, and they were frozen.)
2. Remove the chicken from the cooker and drain away the water. Pull in the chicken into shreds, discarding any fat pieces.
3. Set out tortillas, place some lettuce, slaw, as much chicken as you'd like, dressing and parm, to taste.

I wrapped these in aluminum foil, and made 2 days worth, at a time.  4 breasts made 6 days worth, for 2 boys, with one wrap each.  I froze the chicken I'm not using for the next 2 days.
I'm thinking of not putting the Caesar dressing on the ones I make next, and just giving the boys a container to pour on, as they eat.  I'm worried it'll get soggy.

Comments