Cheesy Cauliflower and Corn

WARNING!  This is not a soup.  After looking at it, in the crock pot multiple times, and back at the recipe (Better Homes and Gardens book of soup recipes), I realized what I was making was a side dish.  I served this with chicken sausage.
(It doesn't look pretty, in the crock pot, but it tastes DELICIOUS!)


Cheesy Cauliflower and Corn

4 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
6 ounces American cheese -- cut into cubes (I used shredded chedder.  American will melt better, but it's what I had, and I like.)
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed
cream of celery soup
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 slices bacon -- crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled (I omitted.  SHHHH!  Don't tell the boys!)

In a 3-1/2- or 4-qt. slow cooker combine cauliflower, frozen corn, American cheese, celery soup, green onions, and pepper. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Before serving, stir in crumbled bacon.

Comments