Marshmallow Frosting

I needed a frosting for my devil's food cupcakes. I found this and thought, "Hot chocolate cupcakes!". This is so easy, delicious, and fluffs up so nicely!
Here's my adapted recipe, and the original was too runny, for me.



Marshmallow Frosting



4 large egg whites
1 Cup ordinary sugar (white or brown)
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 pinches of cream of tartar

Place all ingredients except the vanilla extract, into a bowl which you can place over a pot of simmering water.

{You could use a double boiler here instead}

Whisk the egg white mixture constantly over simmering water until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is hot to the touch. {It takes around 5 minutes}.

Pour the mixture into a bigger bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. (Add the vanilla and cream of tartar while beating). After 3 minutes, the mixture will be fluffy.

Comments