Grinch Advent Calendar Craft







I got this idea, from Chica and Jo's website.
Here's my version:
A 24-pocket shoe organizer works perfectly as a Christmas Advent calendar. Make sure the organizer you select has clear fronts.
Decorate the top of the pockets with ribbon, or trim. For mine, I needed 18 feet of ribbon for each calendar.
You will need a copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas in order to use the images and story from the book. Scan the pages, to fit on the cardstock. I made them 4" by 10 ", and did 2 column, so I could fit 2 onto one page of cardstock. Cut them out. Attach the day numbers (1 through 24) to the other side. For my numbers, I used a Cricut machine (thanks, Amy!) and used the Storybook font, in 1 1/2 ". You could buy stickers to do this or paint them or draw them on with markers.
Then, I laminated them at the local teacher store for 25 cents a foot. Mine was 18 feet. Not bad!
Then I put them in the holder, with the number side showing and the story hidden. The story will be revealed a little each day, but for now you should just see the numbers.
Each day of December, you open the presents in the pocket and then flip over that day’s story card.
I'll add little treats to ours, and I used a ribbon covered clothespin, to mark our place.

Comments