Easy Granola Muffins


I made these for the boys' baseball game, tomorrow morning. I thought it was too early for cupcakes (what?!), but they're sweet and healthy.


This recipe is from Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor


Easy Granola Muffins


1 package (19.1oz) cinnamon swirl muffin mix


1 1/4 c milk


1 egg


1 1/2 c granola cereal (I used cherry vanilla)



Preheat oven to 400F, and mist the bottoms of 12 muffin cups with vegetable oil spray (I used liners and sprayed lightly, too.)


Place all of the ingredients (except for the cinnamon/sugar topping that comes in the mix, and 1/2c granola) in a large bowl, and mix until just moistened. Spoon or scoop 1/3c batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle the remaining granola and the cinnamon/sugar mixture over each top of the muffin (I was busy talking to a 6 year old chatterbox, and dumped all my granola in, at one time, so I only have the cinnamon/sugar on the tops of mine.).


Bake the muffins until they are golden brown and the top springs back, when gently pressed with your finger (20-22 minutes). Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool all the way.

Comments