Summer Tortellini Salad


My boys tried tortellini, while visiting NY, and so I remembered this easy summer recipe I had!
It's from One Pot Vegetarian Dishes, by Amy Cotler
Summer Tortellini Salad
2T plus 1t red wine vinegar
1T grainy mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2t salt
1/4 t pepper
2T olive oil
2T chopped fresh basil or parsley
2 small scallions
18 oz cheese tortellini
2 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (I just used a veggie peeler, and made ribbons)
6 calamata olives, pitted and sliced (I chucked in a handful)
1 red bell pepper, in thin strips
3T grated parmesean cheese
handful of cherry tomatoes
* I added some frozen peas, and some leftover cooked corn on the cob.
1) In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients, whisk together and set aside.
2)In a large pasta pot, cook tortellini according to package directions.
3)Drain the pasta, and rinse with cold water. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, adding the cheese at the end. Serve at room temp, or chill, until ready to serve. (If you chill it, you may need to add that 1t of red wine vinegar before serving.)

Comments