Mango Chili-Garlic Shrimp


I got this recipe, from my friend's website:






Here's how I adapted it, for us:


Chili-Garlic Shrimp, Serves 4
- 25 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder (I will mince 1 clove of garlic, and add to this, next time.)
- 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- juice of 1 lime
-pinch of salt and pepper
-Combine ingredients in a bowl, and let sit about 10 minutes in the fridge. Over medium heat, place shrimp in a pan. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until shrimp turn pink. Serve over a bed of steamed rice, and top with mango relish.



Mango Relish
-2 ripe mangoes, diced into small cubes
-1 shallot , thinly sliced
-juice of 2 limes
-1 cup of chopped organic parsley or cilantro (I used 1/2t dried, since the boys pick out the parsley/cilantro leaves.)
-Combine all in a bowl, mix well, and chill about 15 minutes prior to serving


I served this over rice (I had white, not brown, so that's what I used. I would use brown next time.)


Super Quick Thai-Style Green Beans

(I realized I didn't have a veggie in here, so I whipped this up.)

2T peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural.)

1 splash of balsamic vinegar

1 splash of water

1 can green beans (drained)


Place all of the above, except for the green beans, in a microwave safe container. Microwave for 10 seconds, to soften the peanut butter. Mix until well combined. Add green beans, and stir gently. Microwave for 1 minute and a half.

Side dish is done.

Comments