Southeast Asian Coconut Zucchini

I made this, for the first time, tonight. I loved it, the boys ate it, no complaining. (My mother thought Deuce had jaundice, after dinner, because he had yellow around his mouth.)
This is from the Moosewood Low Fat Cookbook. (I ate all of this before I could take a picture. Oops.)

Southeast Asian Coconut Zucchini

4 medium Zucchini, Cubed
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Minced (I omitted.)
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
2 Scallions, Chopped
2 tablespoons Lime Juice
2 tablespoons Fresh Basil, Chopped (used dried)
2 tablespoons Fresh Mint, Chopped (used dried)
1/4 cup Coconut Milk (low fat or regular)

In a Chef's pan, saute the zucchini, garlic, jalapeno and turmeric in the oil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the scallions,
lime juice, basil, mint and coconut milk. Cover and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
Stir occasionally and if necessary add a splash of water to prevent sticking.

Comments