Jewish Artichokes


For my father's birthday dinner, tonight, I made a mediterranean meal, per his request. I tried my hand at Jewish artichokes. I ate them, for the fiirst time, in Rome, and have been trying to come up with an easy (read: lazy) way to make them at home.


Jewish Artichokes


2 cans of artichoke quarters (or whole and quarter them yourself) rinse with water, drain and let sit out to dry

4 T flour

olive oil

Kosher salt


Pour oilive oil in pan and heat.

Put dry artichokes into a gallon size bag, add flour and shake to coat. Fry artichokes until they turn light brown and stir to fry evenly.

When done, sprinkle with Kosher salt to taste, put into bowl.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This looks so good! Were you able to get a good crust without the flour falling off in the oil? I have a hard time with frying, not much luck with crusts. It has to be technique. I like your blog landing page. Are you using Wordpress?

    Angie
    www.angiestephens.com
    (my page is a rough work in progress)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It had a nice crust. Not all over crustiness, but nothing fell off!
    I just use whatever blogspot gives me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment