Tuesday Routine (and Spanish Potato Soup)

My Tuesday Routine
  • Tuesday is pretty much the same as Monday, except even more fun! *cough*
  • 5:50-I get up and get ready. I awaken the Beasties, and have them get ready.
  • While they're getting dressed, I make their breakfasts.
  • I feed the Beasties, and get their lunchboxes/backpacks ready.
  • Bus stop.
  • Come home.
  • Pick up stuff from around the house
  • Clean my bathroom. (The boys are going to be cleaning their bathrooms, when they get home. I usually, go after them (when they don't know) and clean it again behind them :)
  • I head to the gym, for a few hours, come home, and shower.
  • Today, I go to #2's class and read with them, individually. I really enjoy doing this. I get to stretch my teaching muscles, but it's one on one. It's very rewarding :)
  • Some more picking up around the house, then off to the bus stop!
  • As they unpack, wash hands, get snacks, I assist with homework, signing any folders. washing lunchboxes, etc.
    After cleaning the bathrooms, they play.
    At 4, I start on dinner. We usualy eat at 5, so I need to start early.

#2 has an activity, tonight, so I'll be making a dinner that he can eat before, and Hubby and #1 can eat while we're out.

Spanish Potato Garlic Soup (With my "tweaks")
Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites
Serves 4-6

1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
2t minced garlic

2 large potatoes, cut into thin slices (cut in half first, then slice)
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes

1 tsp dried thyme
6 cups vegetable broth

Saute the onions, potatoes, and paprika in the oil, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes, until the onions have softened. Add the tomatoes and thyme and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes. Add the garlic broth and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.

With this, I serve a yummy bread. Sourdough, or something I've made. Delicious! If the boys need a meat that night, I'll do sausage, and they can put it in their soup, or eat it on the side :)
Per 11.50 oz serving: 141 calories, 3.8 g protein, 2.6 g fat, 27.6 g carbs

Comments