Popo's chili


This recipe comes from my husband's father. Not sure if he found it and started making it, or if he made it up. Anyway, it's easy, and good.

Chili

2 lbs ground beef or chuck (I have used buffalo meat, before, and even a combo of turkey and beef. The chili, pictured, is turkey.)

1 1/2 cups chopped onion

1c chopped green pepper

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 28oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained

2 16 oz cans kidney beans, undrained (I get the dark red, for antioxidants, and have even used black beans)

2t salt

2-4 T chili powder (we like 4)

1t pepper

2t cumin

1/3-1/3c ketchup (I use 1/3c)



Brown ground beef, and drain.

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker (or large soup pot) . Cook on low for 7-10 hours (if in a soup pot, put on low for a few hours, and stir frequently). Hubby likes for me to turn it off an hour before I serve it to thicken up, and he even likes it better the second day. This serves the 3 guys about 3 meals :)

The boys like cheddar cheese and sour cream, and Hubby just likes Saltines.

Comments