My Monday Routine (and Quesadillas)


My Monday Routine

I thought I would try to write out my weekly chore schedule. It's what keeps this house running. If I didn't have this, I would *ahem* procrastinate, and then get overwhelmed, and then nothing would get done!



  • Monday5:50-I get up and get ready.

  • I awaken the Beasties, and have them get ready.
    Beasties bring down their laundry. (I am not sure how they have more laundry, in their baskets, than there are days of the week, but it happens every time! this morning, #2 had some of #1's laundry, in his basket. When questioned about it, he said, "There was too much stuff in his laundry, and it all was falling out.".What a great helper!)

  • While they're getting dressed, I make their breakfasts.

  • I feed the Beasties, and get their lunchboxes/backpacks ready.

  • Bus stop.

  • Come home.

  • Start laundry.

  • While laundry is washing, I clean the kitchen (wipe down counters, throw away anything that needs it, unload dishes, scrub the stovetop, clean the table, chairs, etc.).

  • I start all the sorting when the first load is done. (I sort it into stacks, for the boys, and usually, they put it away themselves.)

  • I head to the gym, for a few hours, come home, and shower.

  • I finish up the loads, and put away hubby's and my stuff.

  • Some more picking up around the house, then back to the bus stop, to await the conquering heroes' arrival!

  • As they unpack, wash hands, get snacks, I assist with homework, signing any folders. washing lunchboxes, etc.

  • After putting away their laundry, they play.

  • At 4, I start on dinner. We usualy eat at 5, so I need to start early.

Tonight, this is what I'll be making:
"Mom, I love these Quesadillas!", Quesadillas:
Since I don't eat meat, I still need to find something with protein in it, to feed the fam, and fill us all up, at dinner. I've always made quesadillas, for the boys, but then I borrowed a friend's Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious (http://www.oprah.com/package/food/healthyeating/pkgjessicaseinfeldsdeceptivelydelicious/20070918_expert_deceptivelydelicious) book.
There wasn't anything "new" in there that I hadn't really been doing (I love pureed veggies and fruits, and stick them in everything anyway...though not brownies, but I use applesauce!), but I messed with her quesadilla recipe, and this is what I have!
Ingredients:Serves 4


Nonstick cooking spray


1 can refried black (or any you can find) beans , (If I can't find refried black, I'll drain a can of plain black, and I'll puree them.)


1 can pumpkin puree


1/2 cup reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (or whatever kind you like)


4 burrito sized whole-wheat tortillas (I like the Mission 98% fat free ones. They have a nicer texture then the whole wheat ones, and are more pliable.)



Set a skillet or griddle pan on top of stove on Medium High heat. Coat with cooking spray.Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. In a bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree and the cheese. Spread the bean mixture over half of the tortillas, and set on skillet. Spread the cheese mixture over one side of the tortillas and fold over. Cook until the tortillas are light brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Then, flip over, with a large spatula. Brown for 5 or so minutes, more. Cut into wedges (A pizza cutter is best, to use.), and serve with salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, jalapenos, whatever you'd like! My boys devour these! They're really creamy, and delish!



I serve these with a green veggie, since the pumpkin is in the quesadilla. Maybe tonight will be sauteed spinach (One of #1's fave veggies!).
Warm olive oil in a pan, with some sliced garlic.
Dump in fresh or frozen spinach.
Stir, sautee until it's cooked through.
I'm very fancy, I tell ya'!

Comments

  1. Your routine makes me miss my old routine and getting to exercise every day. I am getting motivated, here, to tweak my current non-routine into a more sensible routine. Working too much is making me get fat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment