Linguine with Cream Cheese


This is a recipe I found in a Kraft magazine years ago. It's quick, and easy, and healthy. Below, is my tweaked version:
Linguine with Cream Cheese

1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
1 pkg. (8 oz.)Neufchatel Cream Cheese, cubed
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (or 2T dried)
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 pkg linguine (I like the enriched Barilla, but I have used whole wheat pasta, too.)
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (sometimes I don't use these)

Combine tomatoes with cream cheese, oil, basil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Cook pasta according to box directions.
Dump pasta in large bowl. Add tomato mixture and pine nuts; toss.

Sometimes, I add a green veggie into it, too. Tonight I added a bag of frozen peas to the tomato mixture, and it'll defrost in the fridge. I've also added spinach.

Tonight, I'm also making this:
Baked Tofu with Tomato, Basil and Black Olives (not sure where I got the recipe)
1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
handful fresh basil, chopped (or 1/4 c dried)
2/3 c dry white wine
handful cured black olives
salt
1 pkg extra firm low fat tofu, drained and sliced into 1 inch rectangles

Preheat oven to 475 degreesF. Mix the tomatoes with the garlic, basil, wine, olives and salt. Drizzle in a bit of olive oil. Make an envelope out of foil or parchment paper. Place 1/2 the tomato mixture on the bottom, lay tofu on top, and top with rest of the tomatoes. seal the envelope and bake for 20 minutes. remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving.

Comments

Post a Comment