Jalapeno Poppers





Sometimes, I get a little nutty, and MUST have jalapenos. A friend of mine, gave me this lighter popper recipe, and I've tweaked it.
Enjoy!
Jalapeno Poppers:
olive oil cooking spray
2 oz light cream cheese
1/2 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (I just use regular )..
8 small jalapeno pepper(s)
1/4 cup(s) fat-free egg substitute (or egg whites)
3/4 cup(s) breadcrumbs with garlic salt or powder sprinkled in.
Instructions•
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
• In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, and cheddar cheese (can add salt and pepper, too).; mix well and set aside. Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds. (Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.)
• Place egg substitute in a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
• Spray with Pam or oil in a spray bottle to make it brown and nicer looking.
• Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.• Bake about 30 minutes
• Once, I didn’t do the egg and just sprinkled the breadcrumbs on top. That was really tasty, too!
• I serve this with ranch. Light Ranch is fine, but I like real Ranch better

Comments