#2's 6th birthday ideas

I can't believe that my "baby" is going to turn 6! He (and I!) decided to have a "Rock Star" party. I made up "tickets" as the invitation, using a Microsoft template:

Ticket Template



Now, I was thinking of doing a guitar shaped tray of cupcakes:

Guitar shaped cupcakes



But then I saw this (insert oohs, and aahhhhhs here):





http://dolce.swaymyway.com/wordpress/2008/11/11/rockstar-cupcakes/

Now, #2 says he wants lemon cupcakes (just like #1 had...), so the backgrounds won't be black like in the photo, and I'm not fond of black icing, so I may do turquoise blue. Also, I'm not sure if I can do those cute guitars. I'm going to head up to the cake store and see what they have.
I'm a bit obsessed with this idea. I'll make more cupcakes, than this one, though, and put his name on it, too. :)
Cute, no?

Comments